Inspiring kind and joyful learning communities who use innovative thinking to build a mindful and sustainable world.
Verita ensures that kindness is the centre of everything we do. Deeply committed to international and intercultural understanding, Verita provides an academically engaging, inquiry-based educational approach. Our responsibility is to whole-heartedly assist our students to develop the social-emotional and academic skills necessary to live meaningful, fulfilled, and happy lives.
At Verita, the learning environment is characterised by purposeful, focussed activity in a kind and caring yet challenging environment.
How do we carry out our vision?
Verita School philosophy is based upon the following principles:
- Nurturing the imagination in the early years in order to build a foundation for abstract thinking.
- Awakening a student’s genuine enthusiasm, an interest in the WORLD, (a love of learning) and sense of purpose in life.
- An educational approach encouraging balance.
- Creativity, happiness, critical–thinking and self reliance.
- To help students make the transition from external motivation to self-motivation.
- A strong focus on respect, responsibility and compassion.
- Fostering each child’s full potential.
- Emphasizing the child’s relationship to the natural world.
- A curriculum not driven by standardized testing.
- Promoting cooperation over competition; and imaginative play over media exposure.
- Arts, music and movement integrated into the entire curriculum.
- To provide an appropriate structure to meet each student’s needs, at each phase of her or his growth, with the objective of self-discipline.
- To teach decision making and problem solving.
- To assist each student’s acquisition of a sense of personal responsibility.
- To strengthen leadership potential and effectiveness.
- To grow from a community of many nationalities, races, religions, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.