Dear Verita Community,
It is my absolute pleasure to welcome you to Verita International School!
What does Verita stand for?
Verita stands for:
- Rigorous academics based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales complemented by an exciting, inquiry-based approach to learning through the recently adopted International Primary and International Middle Years Curricula (the IPC and IMYC);
- An education based on the belief that all of our children have multiple intelligences and multiple ways of learning and that Verita must endeavour to teach to the unique individual that is each child;
- The belief that the social and emotional learning is an integral part of education as we teach children balance, harmony and resilience;
- An enriching education that balances the traditional academic programmes with music, art, technology and physical education;
- A rich after-school programme that allows children to pursue their passions.
Verita is all this and more!
Someone once asked me what was the most important aspect of a cutting-edge 21st Century education and I said, “to teach children how to think, not what to think.” At Verita, as we teach the whole child, we want to teach them how to think and how to understand while nurturing the natural joy of learning.
Lastly, we believe that children learn best in a highly supportive environment that also provides high level of challenge. With the support of the entire community, Verita children are encouraged to take risks and challenge themselves to achieve their personal bests.